Friday 30 December 2016

Reviving the blog...

It's been on my mind for a while now to revive the old blog. I feel the need and desire to begin journaling again and decided to go back to this blog. I'm writing this blog for my own purpose to document and record my own thoughts and feelings as well as my activity and events. I've created another blog specifically for teaching to keep that separate from my own personal blog. Once that's up and running I'll put the link on here.

It's December 30th, 2016 so almost 5 years since I last posted. To say that a lot has happened since my last post is a great understatement! In a nutshell - I was accepted onto the GTP to train as a primary school teacher here in England. I successfully completed that 1 year course and then completed my NQT year with a year 4 class in a school that almost broke me! I let there at the end of that year and have been at my current school every since, teaching year 2. 

My boys are now teenagers and apart from being typical teenagers (!) are good kids. One of them is in his second year of GCSEs and hoping to go on to A levels next year. He excels in maths, science, and computing and wants to study those at college then university. If he ever gets his head down and studies! My younger son will be choosing his options for GCSEs this year and also is strong in maths but is more of an all rounder.

As a result of me being a full-time teacher, my husband now works part-time and does all the household chores. A reversal of roles. He works lunchtime duty at my school (where all the kids love him!) and does odd bits of other cover there.

So that's where we are at the moment in the Brown house!

No comments: