Tuesday 1 April 2008

Women


Today the words of a Hymn from my church have been going around and around in my head:

The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.
(Hymns, 309)

I believe this is so true as I have witnessed the way that the women in my ward (congregation) have reached out and served those in need, in whatever way they can. I think the world needs more 'gentle' women who bless and serve others. Women who serve in their homes and communities. Women don't need to be 'tough' and 'rough' like men. We are meant to be different. I know this goes against the grain for a lot of women. But I believe there is strength and power in a women who is gentle and charitable. What do you think?

No comments: