Thursday 27 December 2007

It's Now Over!!

Phew! Christmas is now officially over and I survived! So next year, if you hear me saying that it might be a fun idea to make a lot of my gifts, please DON'T LET ME! Actually I enjoyed doing it, but I underestimated how much time and effort it would take!

So on Monday, Christmas Eve, me, Nat and Zach went to Pizza Hut for lunch with the Browns as per tradition. David was working so didn't get to to. We had a relaxing time at home for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Nathaniel was so excited he said 'I'm so excited I feel like I could burst out of my skin'! How cute is that?!? He enjoyed putting the tree up and I've left it just as it is. No rearranging or balancing out baubles. It's his baby! Later on he said that his most favorite people were Heavenly Father, Jesus and Santa Claus, following by his family, and then his friends!! Way to go on getting your priorities right! Santa comes before me and his family! :)

Nathaniel and Zachary must have been good at some point during the year as Santa stopped by with his usual sack load of gifts. The boys were really excited Christmas morning but managed to sleep in until 7am! We came down and opened gifts and played with toys until we went to the Browns at 10.30am. They were preparing our Christmas Dinner for 12pm so we wanted to get there in time to help. We had a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Yummy! In the afternoon we did gift giving and ended up surrounded by mounds of fun pressies! We stayed until early evening when we came home.

Yesterday, Boxing Day, we went to Freeport shopping in the morning. We weren't sure whether it would be open or not but wanted to get out the house anyway! Luckily it was open and wasn't very busy when we arrived. We managed to get some bargains. I went into Next and bought four tops and four pairs of jeans/cords for only £27!! One pair of the jeans alone was £30 at full price. I also got 4 tops in M&S for a total of £10.00 so bargains to be had!! When we left the outlet the car park was jam packed so looks like we went at the right time to miss the mad rush! On the way home we stopped off at the grocery store as I wanted to make another roast dinner for that evening. We had delicious roast beef, yorkshire puddings, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, yummy veggies. Delicious :)

Today we went to the retail park this morning and I bought a deep fat fryer. We don't really fry much food but I you really can't beat homemade chips (chunky fries). So I bought a fryer for those odd occasions when we want them! We had some for lunch and they were so tasty!! We ate them with left over roast beef from yesterday. We are planning on spending the rest of the day relaxing while the kids play with their new toys!

Can't wait until next year when Helen comes up for New Years as we are all going to stay over at my mums and have fun again! We will have gift giving again and probably another yummy meal knowing my mum!

I'll add some pics later..........

1 comment:

Jen said...

Fab bargains you got at Freeport. I've been wanting to head there myself but am dreading the crowds too much - not fun when you have a cold! Maybe I'll mosey down tomorrow. Wish me luck!

(oh and LOL at your sons list!)