Wednesday 28 November 2007

Great Family, Great Friends, Great Food!

Yesterday and today I was able to do my regular mornings helping at the boys' school. I go into a Year 1 (5-6 yr olds) class on a Tuesday morning and then into Nathaniel's Year 2 (6-7 yr olds) class on a Wednesday morning. Zach is in morning nursery so I am free at that time. I love going in and working with the children. Teaching is the BEST job ever (aside from being a mom!). Those sweet, innocent children are such a joy to be around. And when you see a lightbulb go off in their head and those wide smiles when they understand a concept you are teaching, well that's just priceless.

Today was my dad's birthday. After school I took Nathaniel and Zachary over to my parent's home to await his return from work and give him his gift. Zachary had been excited all day to do this! They spent a couple of hours running Nanna ragged first though! Where do they get that energy from?!?!? Unfortunately my dad was late home from work so we didn't get to spend much time with him. Enough time, however, for the boys to help him unwrap his presents (well I say help, they actually did most of it!). We also got to sing 'Happy Birthday' to him and Zach helped him blow his candles out on his cake. As usual it took a lot of persuading to get them to leave and get into the car to go home!

We got home about 7.30 and I got the boys to bed. David has been off work today but he's not been feeling too good so he was having a rest of the sofa. I then went and got showered and changed because I was going out with friends from church for dinner. Deb and Louise are my visiting teachers and they spoil me by taking me and Lisa (who they also VT) out for dinner and do the visit there! We went to Louis' (our usual place!) and had yummy chicken nachos. They really are the best! Deb goes there so often that the staff know her well :) It's so great to spend quality time with these wonderful women when we can really talk and enjoy each other's company. Sundays are just so busy (Deb is counselor in RS, Louise is Primary Pres and I'm Primary counselor) that we just don't have the time then. I'm so grateful to have many wonderful friends in my ward. They really are the best!

And talking of friends, I'm so grateful for a new friend, Karli. For her honesty and integrity. She really is a wonderful person and I'm so excited to get to know her better :)

So I dedicate this post to Great Family, Great Friends and Great Food :) What more could I want!

1 comment:

KarliSue said...

Joanne,
I enjoy reading your blog so much! I have to agree with you about teaching children. I teach preschool in my home every morning! I love seeing how the simpliest thing brings so much joy!! Kids are so amazing!

It sounds like you have very good VT. It is always nice getting out and just talking with grown women. That is why I love Relief Society so much!

I just wanted to also let you know how thankful I am for your friendship also. Thank you, Thank you for all of your love and support!!
Love,
Karli